DORO at the Gramercy in NYC 2011

When I was a teen I wanted to grow up and be Siouxsie Sioux, Stevie Nicks, Tina Turner, Doro Pesch.  Amazing women with style and pure rock power. I can't sing my way out of a paper bag - but I still to this day want to grow up and be them. The ultimate in music coolness. A huge boost to my goal came last year when I met Doro Pesch at Bloodstock. She is an amazingly gracious woman and I was both humbled and inspired. When she gave me a hug, my spirits were renewed and I knew I was on the right path. I still wanna grow up and be just like her. After 25+ years in metal, Doro still looks amazing. She glows! Her voice is just as moving and powerful as it was in 1984 when I first heard her in Warlock. For one of her two USA dates supporting the release of her 2 DVD/CD set for 25 Years in Rock Doro played in New York City at the Gramercy. I, of course, was there walking that fine line between working and rocking out. I struck a healthy balance.

The night brought a very appreciative multi-generational audience "Burning the Witches" and "Night of the Warlord". The giddily exuberant audience sang along. For those who like old school metal and head banging, the night brought some great surprises by way of a duet with Mark Tornillo from Accept singing "When East Meets West" and birthday boy Chris Caffery on guest guitar for a very moving "Deep Inside My Heart". The crowd erupted when the 'Wacken Anthem' "We Are The Metalheads" was played and was sent into a frenzy for "All We Are". The night closed with "Fight For Rock".

"We'll never give up. We'll never do a good-bye tour." - Doro Pesch 2011 September 09













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pluto starting new All Godzilla Channel

Ishi: The Last Yahi

Suicidal Angels - All Your Thrash Metal Needs are Right Here