Saga of No Hot Water pt.2

 I'm working in Vegas and mum calls me. No hot water. She calls SRP gas company to come out. They shout off gas and water to hot water heater. Says heater is busted and there is a leak. 

So apparently warranty companies tell the plumber what they can and can't do. So Summit Plumbing is only going to do what the warranty company and insurance tells them they can do and nothing more. The insurance company is waiting on some third party to come out and assess the damage so they can get another quote. The adjusters are calling and talking to the plumbers, the water remediation company, and the water damage fixer company. None of them can do anything thing until one of them does something as long as the adjusters say it's ok. 

Meanwhile.... I haven't had hot water in a month. It's now raining. Everything is sopping wet. 

20th Feb SRP came out and turned off pilot light. Water poured out of something. They did not say what. They shut off the water. 

20th Feb 1920 hours called American Home Shield. Paid them $125 to start the process of getting a new water heater.

* If the pedestal is compromised, Ecodry can not put a new water heater on it. Someone will have to come out and inspect the pedestal.

American Home Shield was supposed to cover the demo. Progressive is telling me I just have the $500 deductible but only a total of $25,000 for yearly total coverage.  

Feb 21st contacted plumbing company Summit and Ecodry. The adjuster Progressive has to contact Mario from Ecodry for pictures and videos as he has everything. It should have taken 3-5 days to complete. I don't have to be here for it.

Speak to Progressive's adjuster on 21st Feb at 1515 hours. 

Feb 22nd 0915 am plumbers 

Feb 23rd Obed from American Home Shield tells me he will send itemized listing of costs as on the website, AHS says it's been partially covered. 1039am speak with Mario at Ecodry and he doesn't have access to any invoices going to AHS. 1055 speak with Joanna from Summit Plumbing. She gives me an itemized list: gas shut off valve, ball valve install, water line $385, gas line shut off / sediment trap $175, modify vent to fit $75, TNP line $25 , pipe pan into crawl space. At 1329 recall AHS for invoice and Saskie says 24 hours for email. 

Feb 24th speak with adjuster and Seek Now will come out and call in one to two days. 

Feb 27th 0940 spoke with Vince from American Home Shield: Denial letter sent via snail mail as modifications and code violations. Drip pan vent modification. Section I4B of contract about water line, bull valve, gas line, sediment trap and section I1G about drip code violations which was diagnosed by a technician. I have no idea who this technician is. Never met him. I have no paperwork from him stating any of this. 

March 1 and March 3rd I pay the iron price of a total of $885 to Summit Plumbing so they can come out and put in the water heater. NOTHING will get done if I don't pay them this money I owe them according to AHS webpage. 

March 3 Adjuster says the water mitigation and inspection is finished and will put in for a review. I will get an invoice. 

Saturday March 4th 0845 Ecodry here to put in flooring. Chris from Summit Plumbing can put water heater in on the 4th or 5th of March - soonest opening. 

March 6 at 1332 hours called Summit Plumbing and left a message. I still don't have hot water and the flow out of the hot water tap is 75% less than the flow coming out of the cold water tap. 1346 spoke to Ferd at American Home Shield about invoice. Said it should be with me within 7 days..

March 7 Chris from Summit Plumbing hears a busted pipe, open flow of water, can't go under house as the opening needs a small person. He can see from opening that the soil is wet and seeping and I'm losing a lot of water. He turned off water and turned down gas. 

March 7 Adjuster 1046am from Progressive says the water mitagation estimate from Ecodry, $5000 is suspect and "Sedgewick" will review it. I'd only owe ecodry $500 (the deductible).

March 8 Steven from RMJ calls and is confused because his company was supposed to put in th flooring? or something? but he comes out and sees a new water heater and flooring. I call Summit Plumbing to find out if they put in the flooring and then the water heater. 

March 9 Joanna from Summit Plumbing said AHS and I would have to open a new claim. She can give me a retail quote to fix the burst pipe. Larry came out and took photos and video from the crawl space under the house. He shows me the pictures and videos. He finds a cracked sewage pipe, sewer flies, mold, microbial growth. He says, "I'll pray for you." and leaves. 

** I try to get him to send me the photos so I can send to the adjuster and have for myself. Attempts to get them are ignored. Ty from Summit calls and I tell him about the photos. He sends me 4 on March 13. 

March 11 I have a notation about Jackson from Ecodry. I have to empty the entirety of the back bedroom and bathroom and closet so they can cut into the floor to dry up the water from the leak. Ecodry has ALL the photos. Larry and or Ty (from Summit Plumbing) sent ALL the photos to him but not to me, the home owner. 

March 13 We try to start a new claim with Progressive for the burst pipe in the bedroom - the line that comes off the hot water heater that goes to the two bathrooms. It's 1236 pm. Thing discussed is water supply line, burst pipe, sub floor in bedroom. No standing water in bedroom and no repairs made. Ecodry and Progressive do not mention the mold. I am advised for them to leave the damaged items or take pictures; keep all paperwork and receipts. Jackson opens everything up and contacts Summit Plumbers. 

** apparently the first person that came out needed to write a detailed claim about the water heater and the association of the burst pipe in the bedroom to the water heater. 

** This is to prevent having two claims. 

**ALL OF THIS IS FROM HAVING THE ORIGINAL PROBLME OF NOT HAVING HOT WATER MISDIAGNOSED**

I am told by Progressive on the 13th of March that mold remediation is not covered. I only have up to $25,000 coverage for the house. Sedgewick is still reviewing the findings. 

** I am spinning on this date, the 13th. I haven't had hot water since the 19th of February. I've been working my full time job and then the part time job as much as I can. During spring break from the school I have scheduled myself to work doubles at the part time job - at 2 different locations. Everyone is sleeping in the living room amongst things moved out of the bedroom and closet that couldn't fit in the 2nd bedroom. It's laden with clothing for three working adults. There is now one bathroom and still no hot water. 

** I call Venturi restoration and schedule them to come out and give an assessment. 

13th March call AHS and speak to the most incompetent Jess (if that is her real name) who can't find my AHS account even though I've jumped thru the hoops of name, address, phone number, email. She says AHS can send an invoice in 10 business days. She repeats the script. I ask for a supervisor. She says she has no supervisor. I then proceed to call AHS to cancel service. This whole saga is here: American Home Shield and the Saga of No Hot Water since Feb 19

13 March (a very busy day) Tye from Summit Plumbing calls and says the only pictures he sent are the ones from the water damage. The mold /spore he won't send because the adjuster doesn't cover it. They won't know how much to fix the broken pipe until the floor is opened up. After that happens, then call them and they can come and look at it some more to put together an estimate (but not fix it as they don't seem to be in the business of fixing anything). 

13 of March I notice the area around the computer desks, by the front windows, smells musty and damp. I start gagging and promptly throw up. The cats and dog have been throwing up for weeks. Are they smelling the mold / fungus / spores? Dogs and cats have vastly superior noses. I know I can't breathe due to allergic rhinitis and severe sinusitis complications. 

14 March at 9am. Ecodry n location to rip up flooring in bedroom. Not the wet moldy subflooring. Just the top floor. They tape everything off, plastic is put in. The fans, dryers are put in. Joanna from Summit says a plumber, possibly Larry, can return on Thursday the 16th at 9am. 

15 March Richard from Ecodry came to check the hole and equipment. I am quite angry and let him have it. He has no idea this has been a month long issue. I figure out how to turn on the water heater and gas. The break in the pipe immediately starts hemorrhaging water. Al from Venturi shows up. I show him everything. Tell him everything. He is from Long Island. He gets it. 

Al tells me that the broken sewer pipe is indeed broken and STILL LEAKING. He sees the mold, fungus, whatever from standing in the drive way with just the access panel open. He says that if it's this wet all the way under the house, then lye or lime (I can't remember) will have to be added to the soil and it turned over. It's gotta dry out. The subflooring has to be replaced. Few homeowners policies cover it and it's an add on rider. 

Richard calls me back and tells me to turn off all the equipment as it's drying the subflooring but is potentially blowing mold / fungus. 

I get a call from Tye at RMJ Construction. He informs me that the insurance told him that Ecodry is doing all reconstruction work. I also get a call from AJ Restoration and that they have been assigned to work on teh house to take care of the water damage. 

This afternoon, the 15th of March, Casa Del Sol's maintenance guy comes round. He says, don't shoot the messenger, but the office lady wanted me to check on you guys. The water bill came in and it's over $400. I tell him my month long saga. I show him the hole in the bedroom floor and the sewer pipe. He looks at the pipe and says the white thing is NOT a standard pipe fixture and that it does not belong there. He tells me that the broken sewer pipe can be fixed in about 20 minutes. He gives me the number of the plumbers the park uses to fix plumbing issues here. I call them and they can come out on Friday for $125 an hour plus parts. 

Tomorrow, the 16th Summit is supposed to come out. 

Ty from RMJ called me and said they needed a work authorization form - need to assign a project manager. They can't come out because of the containment from EcoDry (the plastic that is over the hole). They can do the measurements because plastic is over the hole. They won't start the job because they don't know if insurance will pay. I have to remove the plastic for them to fix ... something.... They only do reconstruction. Hopefully their overflow person who is supposed to come out on the 16th will fix... something.... 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pluto starting new All Godzilla Channel

Ishi: The Last Yahi

Suicidal Angels - All Your Thrash Metal Needs are Right Here