Best Albums of 2014

So I'm sat here listening to Thrashking Radio and posting up my 2014 Best of  list. It seems like you get inundated by the the best albums every year. Hundreds of albums get released and of course, I can't listen to all of them. But of the ones that I did spin, these are the ones that were played on repeat and that had me walking to work playing air guitar and singing loudly... off key! See Ya right back here next year with more music!
On Instagram squeeeeeeee
On Facebook
On Twitter





10. Slough Feg - Digital Resistance
This is a fun romp thru 70s style Viking Pagan lore. It's a drinking and party album. Digital Resistance is something for gamers, RPG-ers and LARP-ers alike. 



ZOMG I love this band. It's all attitude and moxie! This is punk done right. 




8. Dwellers - Pagan Fruit
An incredible trippy yet totally enveloping album that again harkens to the 70s prog, acid trip metal. You can buy this directly from the band here: Pagan Fruit by Dwellers and I totally suggest you do!



7. Cavalera Conspiracy - Babylonian Pandemonium
Unrelenting and heavy. It crushes your brain and leaves you wanting more. 


6. Vintersorg - Naturbal
I've been a fan of Vintersorg since Orkan two years ago. Naturbal has not dimmed my love for the band. 




squeeeee and now your Top 5 Albums for 2014

5. Suicidal Angels - Divide and Conquer
Classic thrash. Plenty of headbanging to be had whilst listening to this album!



4. Greenleaf - Trails and Passes
Another awesome album you can buy directly from the band here: Greenleaf - Trails and Passes
It's blusey, rocky, trippy, and it makes you get up and dance in a stoner type of way. Everything on this album is just so much right. 


3. Musk Ox - Woodfall
I've been raving about this album ever since I got it. It's just amazing. And loverly. 
Musk Ox - Woodfall is definitely a buy. 


2. Nachtblut - Chimonas
I didn't expect to like the album as much as I do. But gosh golly it's a scorcher! It's loud and bombastic. It drips with malevolence. There is a dark beauty in Chimonas. The album excites me. 



1. Savage Messiah - The Fateful Dark
No doubt the best album this year. It's everything heavy metal is meant to be. Great guitars, hard hitting drums. You can sing along. You can head bang. You can play air guitar!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pluto starting new All Godzilla Channel

Ishi: The Last Yahi

Suicidal Angels - All Your Thrash Metal Needs are Right Here