Coulter Buick on Camelback in Phoenix

It's hard to find a good mechanic now a days. Back in the day, you had a guy that you knew and trusted and never had to go anywhere else. One avoided dealerships like the plague. They were wicked over priced, the workers were condescending patronizing cockwaffles, and it was not a place you wanted to spend all day in. Gladly, that changed for me when my car started doing things I could not fix nor my Buck guy, Mr. Harry. 

2019: I owned a 2002 Buick Century, Betsy, the best car in the world. Drove her all over tarnation, I did. She's good for hauling camping equipment, fire wood, and dogs. I even drove her thru the King Range in Norcal to get to Shelter Cover. I loved her with all my heart. But she was old. Many parts had to be replaced. Hell, I replaced one of the shocks myself (with the help of my Buick guy Mr. Harry). I had replaced the motors on the windows multiple times. I was really learning a lot from Mr. Harry about maintenance, and taking apart and putting together Betsy. Unfortunately, she started overheating, badly. Like redlining within five minutes of turning her on. I made a fatal error of going to a Firestone. ZOMG bad idea. Whatever they did was a 48 hour fix. Because the car worked ok for about 2 days and then started overheating  and red lining AGAIN. I took it back to Firestone and they kept the car all day long. They told me they let it run and nothing was amiss. I got the car back and it redlined on the way home. I took the car to Coulter Buick and Mr. Perry looked at it. I was shocked as Firestone had DISCONNECTED a huge hose from the engine. I KNOW it was connected before I took it to Firestone as I had been constantly adding water to the radiator amongst other things under the hood. I was livid. Mr. Perry was livid. He said the car could have caught fire or "blown up" (welcome to Phoenix). He and his team did an exhaustive check of Betsy and found that it would take about $8000 until she was SAFE for me to drive. I had payed $700 for her. So I had him fix the most important bits, things to make her safe until I could get another car (to the tune of about $1700ish). I got another Buick so I could go back to Mr. Perry and the mechanics at Coulter. 
2020:  I come to Coulter service center because I trust Mr. Perry. Even though this visit was a basic oil change, I couldn't imagine anyone else work on my car. Mr. Perry found a stripped piece on my oil pan and promptly put in a new one. Safety of vehicle operation is the underpinning for what Mr. Perry does. I know I will be safe driving my vehicle. As long as I have a Buick, I will bring it to Coulter to have Mr. Perry and his team work on it. I TRUST Mr. Perry and his team. 

 2021: My car started funny when I left the house. I went on one errand and it started funny again. I was to work out in Chandler for the day and thought if it fails to start there, I'm in big trouble. I drove to the dealership just to see if they can source the problem and maybe I could schedule an "emergency appointment". Gary Shimp started up the car and deduced it was the battery. He said, no emergency appointment, I'll see if my guys can put one in now. He didn't want me to get stranded somewhere in the heat. I always feel like a valued customer when I come here. I always feel like the everyone is looking out for my best interest and keeping me safe on the road is a priority. I was late to my event but everyone was shocked and amazed that a dealership mechanic wing would "fix" my car then and there. I will always bring my Buick to Coulter Buick. I won't trust anyone else to work on her. I know the staff there will keep me safe on the road.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pluto starting new All Godzilla Channel

Ishi: The Last Yahi

Suicidal Angels - All Your Thrash Metal Needs are Right Here