Wringer 13: Joel Graham from EVILE

Since March is my birthday month, I decided that this month's Wringer 13 will be with my good buddy - and he of the loverly hair - one Mr. Joel Graham. Most will know him simply as EVILE's resident bass shredder. Joel joined the band in December of 2009 and his first live show with EVILE was in January 2010. Five Serpent's Teeth is the first EVILE album to feature Joel on bass.  You can get your EVILE fix at Evile.co.uk and  EVILE on Facebook. 

Who are you, really, and what do you do?
          I'm really Joel Graham when I'm not anyone else and I play bass in EVILE. I also drive everywhere and am the band's music library as I have the most stuff on my iPod.


What's the best thing about being in your band?
          Everything, like the lot! Touring, writing, recording, planning stuff, I like it all. 

How has being a touring musician changed you?
          I like to think it hasn't. Yes, when out touring it's all band stuff that takes place, 100%. But when I'm home it's back to the real world; working, cooking, and all real stuff. People around me would soon put me in my place if I "changed". 

Where do you get your inspiration from?
          From the younger me. I always dreamed and wanted to do this. So, I am.

What is your favourite song and why?
          Shiiiiiiiit.... I really have so many depending on my mood.
          Song that first blew me away: Queen - Prophets Song
          Song I wanna hear out drinking: Kiss - Strutter
          Song I wanna hear to make my arm hair stand on end: The Who - Baba O'Riley

What does "music" mean to you?
          It's the thing I've based my life around for 28 years and continue to do so.  It's a colossal part of me and anyone who knows me knows that. I seriously have sectioned the majority of my brain to retain music info and facts so I can recite festival line-ups  in whatever given year, at the sacrifice of remembering my bank details. 

What do you think is your greatest achievement in the field of music?
          Still working on it, always the other / next goal. However, if picking one it would have to be that I am seeing a spark in my daughter's eye when she hears certain stuff, so that!

What is your greatest achievement outside of music?
          The above. She's now 3 and really smart... and a good 'un.

Describe you most unusual / rabid fan.
          Evile fans are all unusual, that's why we love 'em! Ha! Some more than others! The nervous fan I always struggle with. It's harder to answer questions when they are frantically thinking of their next question while you are responding to the previous one and you know whatever you are saying is not going in. 

If you could invite any three people (living or dead) to a dinner party who would they be and why?
          Freddy Mercury, a personal hero of mine. I would love to find out his technique for writing - everything.  I imagine his stories would be hilarious. 
          Groucho Marx. I would love to know more about the early days of movies. I love his films and he still cracks me up every time I see him. 
          And I really have to pick someone now without a large mustache, don't I? 
          Drew Barrymore just because I've grown up with her on the screen since E.T. She always comes across as someone happy and sparkly. She seems fun.

What three things are on your "bucket list"?
          Go into space. I'd love to see the Earth from Space. 
          Own a little boat and take friends out for beers in the ocean.
          Finally, own every bit of musical gear that's on my wish list.

If you could reduce everything you are and everything you stand for to one word, what would it be?
          Potato
         



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pluto starting new All Godzilla Channel

Ishi: The Last Yahi

Suicidal Angels - All Your Thrash Metal Needs are Right Here