To Hell You Ride by Lance Henricksen

July 16, SAN DIEGO, CA—Dark Horse Comics is proud to announce To Hell You Ride, written by horror movie mainstay Lance Henriksen (Millennium, Aliens, Near Dark)!

Teased during a thrilling “Drawing on Your Nightmares” panel at San Diego Comic-Con, this new horror six issue mini-series is written by Lance Henriksen and Joseph Maddrey (Nightmares in Red, White and Blue: The Evolution of the American Horror Film), with art by Tom Mandrake. To Hell You Ride marks Lance Henriksen’s comics debut!

A deadly curse plagues the small town of Telluride, melting the flesh from its victims—it’s the violent revenge four warriors set in motion when their sacred burial grounds were disturbed for the sake of gold miners’ greed!





Henricksen spoke to Comic Book Resources and had this to say about his newest venture:
"I went to Telluride, Colorado, at one point, almost twenty years ago," Henriksen told CBR. "When I got there, it wasn't the ski resort it is now -- it had skiing, but not to the degree that it does now. I'm sitting in a bar there and I'm thinking, this is a box canyon, it's sort of the end of the world in terms of travel, and I looked around me and saw all these people and thought they were reincarnated miners and hookers. They didn't even know why they were there, but they were there. 

"What leaped into my mind was a line of a Dylan Thomas poem: 'The ball I threw while playing in the park has not yet reached the ground.' Which gave me almost the whole form of the prologue of our story."

"I remember when I was sixteen, there was a Urok Indian that I met. At sixteen, I was kind of a wild kid, and this guy took me under his wing," Henriksen said, elaborating on the additional influences on the story he wrote as a screenplay in his hotel room, drawing both on the scene in the bar and his own life experiences. "His father had been an elder, a medicine man. He told me this story about something his grandfather had done. The cops came to this guy and said, 'A girl's gone missing, we can't find her -- we need your help.' And the guy walked out of his house backwards, down the road and through the town, and people were following him. He never turned around, he walked the whole thing backwards, and he ended up deep in the woods. He turned around and there was a flat rock there, and he said, 'She's here.' They flipped the rock over, and the girl was there, dead. That resonated with me and joined in with my thoughts about Telluride while I was there. This was a mining town, and it had all the old derricks and all that crap, and all the old mine tunnels, a lot of mercury in the ground at the edge of town toward the mountains. I thought, oh man, this is some story."

To Hell You Ride #1 is on sale December 12, 2012!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pluto starting new All Godzilla Channel

Ishi: The Last Yahi

Suicidal Angels - All Your Thrash Metal Needs are Right Here