IMMORTALS 11.11.11



I am mad. Mad as hell. Blerg!!!! I get PR emails all the time. Various peoples and companies wanting me to review something or spread the good word about something. As you know, I cover a LOT of comicons; it's the Uber Geek in me. Two days ago, I get the email... blah blah blah come by our booth blah blah blah artwork blah blah blah new movie and a link to download promo materials. Now, I'm hip deep in Comicon scheduling and writing so I file it away for later. The movie has Mickey Rourke in it. #winning. Henry Cavill and Stephen Dorff double#winning. So I'm moseying along the expansive floor of the Javitz center when I stumble upon the IMMORTALS booth. I think I stumbled upon my jaw as it smacked the floor and I tripped over it. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!! A cornucopia for the eyes. What greeted me was the most amazing gobsmacking artwork by Dennis Calero and Rafael Kayanan to name a few. The artwork was hung on crisp white walls with overhead angled lighting. Very posh. Rafael Kayanan was on hand to autograph prints.

The Immortals graphic novel is published under Archaia's Black Label. The graphic novel is not a direct adaption of the film. It is an original book of short stories set within the world and mythology of the film. The book is divided into two halves: GODS and MANKIND. Each half tells five (5) short stories expanding on key elements found in the film. You don't have to read the graphic novel to understand the film. The book is just an added bonus. It goes deeper into the mythology found in the film. Mind you, it's not an official prequel, all of the events in the graphic novel do happen before the events of the film.

You can get the graphic novel here: WC #11 Immortals: Gods and Monsters


IMMORTALS
Release Date: November 11, 2011

DIRECTOR: Tarsem Singh (The Fall, The Cell)
WRITERS: Charles Parlapanides and Vlas Parlapanides
CAST: Henry Cavill- THESEUS (Superman: Man of Steel)
Stephen Dorff- STAVROS (Somewhere)
Isabel Lucas- ATHENA (Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen)
Freida Pinto- PHAEDRA (Slumdog Millionaire)
Luke Evans- ZEUS (The Raven, The Three Muskateers)
Kellan Lutz- POSEIDON (Twilight series)
John Hurt- OLD ZEUS (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Parts 1 & 2)
Mickey Rourke- KING HYPERION (The Wrestler)
PRODUCERS: Gianni Nunnari, Mark Canton, Ryan Kavanaugh
EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS: Tucker Tooley, Tommy Turtle, Jeff G. Waxman


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pluto starting new All Godzilla Channel

Ishi: The Last Yahi

Suicidal Angels - All Your Thrash Metal Needs are Right Here