Star Trek - Into Darkness

I am a fan of the new Star Trek. I absolutely love what J.J. Abrams has done with the franchise. I've been watching Trek since I was old enough to toddle to the television and plop down in front of it. My mum and dad are Trekkies. My Grandpa was a Trekkie too. I come from a long line of Captain Kirk loving, boldly going where no one has gone before peeps. I was as giddy as a schoolgyrl when the Star Trek 2009 came out. True to form, a lot of my fellow Trekkies showed Mr. Abrams some love and embraced his new vision of the classic tales. The casting of Zachary Quinto as Spock was flawless. Karl Urban as Dr. McCoy a stroke of genius. Chris Pine, son of Robert Pine - CHiPs, captures the boldness and cockiness of James T. Kirk. The new installment, Into Darkness, comes out in May 2013. It features Benedict Cumberbatch as the villain. For those of you living under a rock, Benedict Cumberbatch plays Sherlock Holms in the Beeb's awesome retelling of Sherlock. Also added to the cast is Alice Eve who plays Dr. Carol Marcus. Dr. Marcus played the head scientist and mother of Kirk's in the Wrath of Khan.



2 Minute Trailer - look for the allusion to a touching scene from Wrath of Khan.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pluto starting new All Godzilla Channel

Ishi: The Last Yahi

Suicidal Angels - All Your Thrash Metal Needs are Right Here