SLAYER MINUS HANNEMAN

SLAYER without Jeff Hanneman is now a reality. He's made an announcement today, April 01, 2011 that he's decided to leave the band. Far from being an April Fools Joke he says:

"In what is probably the hardest decision I’ve ever had to make, I have decided to part company with Slayer. You can imagine how difficult this was for me to do, what with Slayer being such a big part of my life for like thirty years, but due to my problems with my arm, I’ve been left with little other option. I’d just like to say thank you so much to the guys for helping me a part of something so important and amazing, and also a huge thanks should go to you, the fans, for all the support you’ve given me over the years. Thanks again guys! You rule!"

From the Slayer camp:

"We are completely saddened by Jeff’s decision to leave the band after so long, but we don’t want him to rush his recovery, which has suffered another setback recently. He’s more than just a guitarist, as I think our fans will agree, and Slayer just won’t be the same without him. Thank you Jeff.

"Of course the question on everybody’s minds now is what are we gonna do? Obviously we’ve got our tour dates coming up soon which Gary (Holt, Exodus guitarist) and Pat (O’Brien, Cannibal Corpse guitarist) have graciously agreed to be a part of, but the long term future of the band remains a mystery even to us."

Cannibal Corpse guitarist Pat O'Brien will fill in on the upcoming Slayer dates in Europe, more Big 4 dates, and a tour with Rob Zombie.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pluto starting new All Godzilla Channel

Ishi: The Last Yahi

Suicidal Angels - All Your Thrash Metal Needs are Right Here